Currently Open Positions
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
If you’ve ever worked in a marketing agency, you know there are some givens: the environment is fast-paced, no day is ever the same, and it’s all about making the clients happy. In these ways, Avocet Communications is like all other agencies. But, that’s where the comparisons stop. At Avocet we’re different. Our mission is to be IN DEMAND…and our mission is to make our clients in demand, as well.
We are looking for an Account Manager (AM). But, we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for passion, we’re looking for experience, we’re looking for initiative, and we’re looking for a professional with sparkle and that WOW! factor that fits right in and makes us all better!
At Avocet Communications we’re about two things: doing great work that gets results and having fun doing it. Our team is made up of some of the best marketing innovators you could ever hope to meet; experienced, gutsy, driven.
Those are words that describe YOU.
What Will You Be Doing? You are the day-to-day, in-the-trenches person that our clients turn to and rely on. You’re the problem solver, hand-holder, and rainmaker for making our clients in demand and super happy. You’re the glue. You have your fingers in just about everything and are the one that has the answers. You will manage a portfolio of around eight to ten clients, and you will create and implement strategic plans and manage all the aspects of a client’s core program.
Account Manager Job Duties:
- Comes up with and drives the implementation of Aha! moments!
- Dazzles the clients and inspires the team!
- Leads the team and works with clients to identify marketing challenges and objectives and to set goals.
- Prepares strategic plans.
- Performs all duties as outlined in the statement of work for each client campaign – from creative to PR to digital to branding – that represent our paid, earned, shared, and owned approach.
- Initiates creative collaborations between clients.
- Coordinates and manages monthly meeting with clients.
- Gathers data and completes quarterly benchmarking reports on all managed channels.
- Submits monthly progress reports.
- Accurately records all hours and activities and submits timesheets monthly.
- Communicates with CEO on any account upgrades or additional services needed by a client.
- Communicates with the team on any issues or complaints reported by a client.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Fluency using Ravelry, Facebook fan pages, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Constant Contact and/or Mailchimp.
- Fluency with Word, Excel, Internet browsing and searching, photo uploading, hyperlinking.
- Proficiency with blogging platforms such as WordPress and proficiency or willingness to learn Hootsuite and Ravelry and Facebook advertising platforms.
- Knowledge of basic graphics layout platforms such as Photoshop.
- Ability to plan your schedule independently and manage multiple deadlines.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and tenacious.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and problem solving skills.
What will you love about working here?
Is it total B.S. that workmates can be friends, too? Not at Avocet. Seriously. The magic is real; it happened here, with this team. We are a close-knit group that genuinely likes to hang out with each other. There are frequent Nerf wars, lunches, after-hours get togethers, visiting puppies now and again, lots of laughing…and lots of rolling up of our sleeves and working together to do amazing work for our clients. We are proud that we have built a culture where we support each other’s strengths, and where each of us is committed to the work we do for our clients, but also to the team. We believe in work-life balance, we love wacky ideas and encourage continuing education to expand our work skills and also grow as people.
What will you hate?
Agency life is different, and it’s not for everybody. Our purpose revolves around our clients’ needs in a fast-paced environment that can be urgent and often times demanding. You need grace under fire and the ability to shift into different roles throughout the day (idea-maker, fixer, teacher, therapist). Juggling projects, commanding your schedule, and keeping track of all the balls in the air can be stressful.
What will you REALLY love?
You’ll love when ideas become knock-it-out-of-the-park home runs and when a client swoons over how important you are to their success. You’ll absolutely love the mornings when you jump out of bed and remember you get paid to do this fun, invigorating work! And, believe it or not, we promise that this happens all the time!