The Content Manager will be responsible for creating٫ improving and maintaining content across multiple markets and platforms and raising brand awareness. Duties will be include all aspects of content, including the interpretation of development, design, production, presentation, evaluation, and analysis. A strong background in content optimization and writing with a focus on brand consistency is preferred.
Avocet will look to harness on your superb writing and editing skills and expertise in writing for digital platforms. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable٫ refined skills in creative writing and should be detail oriented and able to work proficiently under pressure.
- Consistently research industry-related topics across targeted businesses and be able to apply ideas and concepts into planning and strategies.
- Participate in the full web production lifecycle, including scoping out content requirements, production, testing and ongoing management/refinement
- Assist in planning and timing of distribution of client content across all channels.
- Partner with Account Managers, Project Managers, business stakeholders, designers and Agency leadership to produce and publish compelling content
- Ensure online content supports SEO goals, client brand standards, web style guidelines and legal and compliance requirements.
- Learn about our customers and our products, and take the initiative to identify and propose new content
- Be responsible for staying on top of content marketing trends and consistently educating and training team members
- Conduct website audits, competitor scans, and audience research to inform content strategy
- Stay current on the latest trends in the field of content writing and strategy
Additional Responsibilities for Digital-based & Remote Work:
- Responsible for maintaining content driven timelines
- Responsible for gathering content requirements for all creative projects
- Responsible for helping to manage and maintain client expectations specific to content projects assigned.
- Be independent and have initiative to start and complete projects with minimal supervision.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 – 5 year’s experience in a similar content management/digital production role
- Management/supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Understanding of SEO principles and content optimization
- An eye for detail, even under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and go above and beyond to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of basic journalism legal principles
- Utilize AP style, as well as best web-production practices and story packaging
- Experience working with online metrics and analytics
- Working knowledge of web-design tools (HTML, CMS, site development, Adobe Creative Cloud products and FTP programs) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Proven skills in organization, work planning, attention to detail, quality control, follow-through, and follow-up
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have previous experience in content creation and management for a marketing/communications role
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be well organized and detail oriented
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work efficiently remotely, or in person with a wide variety of personalities
- Maintain a professional appearance and persona virtually or in person
- Perform under tight deadlines
- Be able to handle pressure well
- Fit into the Avocet agency culture
Client Services Director