The junior graphic designer is responsible for taking creative direction and transforming those ideas, brand attributes, and objectives into highly visual solutions across all marketing channels. This candidate can span a variety of styles and should have experience in creating clean, modern design. Candidates should also have a flexible schedule and be responsive to changes, edits, and troubleshooting.
The junior graphic designer is part Swiss Army Knife, part artistic ninja. Your skillset is two-fold: one, you possess the ability to conceive of and bring big ideas to life, and two, you have the skills to dig in and fully execute a final design. In addition, this position requires you to successfully follow specific and conceptual direction with various internal and external design stakeholders such as executional partners: photographers, videographers, illustrators, animators, editors, etc.
You must be able to thrive in a fast paced, retail driven environment where quick-turns, multi-disciplinary versioning and proven promotional experience is a must.
- Manage the timely and cost-efficient production of all marketing-related collateral, sales tools, including but not limited to brochures, website, digital, catalogs, sell sheets, retention and acquisition pieces, flyers, newsletters, signage, banners, interactive design, presentations, email campaigns, and other related projects.
- Follow the guidance, strategic creative direction and positioning for clients/brands on projects where design needs of all types and will be required.
- Assist with the design original corporate communication pieces, including illustrations, infographics, digital brochures, emails, digital advertisements, and video.
- Participate in the management and delivery of key print projects to ensure quality and perfect final product outcomes.
- Participate in the management, delivery, and aesthetic of all digital properties.
- Stay current with the latest industry developments, advancements, and tools.
- Help manage creative projects, client and brand direction, and to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- Manage project design work from inception to completion.
Additional Responsibilities for Digital-based & Remote Work:
- Responsible for maintaining creative timelines
- Responsible for gathering design and functional requirements for all creative projects
- Responsible for helping to manage and maintain client expectations specific to design projects assigned.
- Be independent and have initiative to start and complete projects with minimal supervision.
Education and Training:
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
- Successful candidate will need to be able to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on design detail.
- Specific digital design experience at an ad agency or marketing firm preferred. Videography and photography experience a plus.
- Be an expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Premier) and set up files for print and digital distribution. Additional experience with the Google Platform, WRIKE, and Office products is a bonus.
- Have strong attention to design, content, and copy details.
- Possess highly developed skills in core design programs with knowledge of the overall design process from concept development to final print production digital output, including editing and file management skills.
- Possess strong aesthetic and design skills that are target audience-centric and fall within brand guidelines.
- Be able to work efficiently with production layout schematics and desktop publishing for all collateral materials and pieces.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have previous experience in a creative design for a marketing/communications role
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be well organized and detail oriented
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work efficiently remotely, or in person with a wide variety of personalities
- Maintain a professional appearance and persona virtually or in person
- Perform under tight deadlines
- Be able to handle pressure well
- Fit into the Avocet agency culture
Client Services Director