Episode 243: Minding the Lingo Gap with Jeffrey Shaw author of LINGO by Avocet Communications
“Humans are emotional buyers.”
Jeffrey Shaw is the author of LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible. Jeffrey helps his clients understand the “lingo” of their ideal customers they want to reach and the audience they want to impact. Jeffrey believes that to understand the lingo of those you want to attract is to know their essence, their values, and what emotionally triggers them so that you stand out, and that to build a successful business is not about education or even skill set. It’s about understanding the culture, mindset, values, and the way of being of those you want to serve.
Listen And Learn:
- The five emotional triggers that form the basis for lingo.
- How familiarity is the most powerful of emotions when it comes to connecting with your customers.
- Why it’s vitally important to deeply and empathetically understand whom you want to reach and to build a business from their perspective.
- His ultimate goal when it comes to customer connection.
- The importance of understanding your audience’s “secret language.”
- How personas and avatars only go so far.
TO FIND JEFFREY SHAW ON LINKEDIN, CLICK HERE.
It’s about SELLING your story, as well as TELLING your story. Learn more by calling LORI JONES and the team at Avocet today 303-678-7102.