“We are in a knowledge economy and we have got to continue to invest in our talent.”
Janine Davidson, Ph.D., is the president of Metropolitan State University of Denver, the state’s third-largest public university, serving more than 20,000 students in high-quality, career-oriented undergraduate and graduate academic programs. As president, she has listed her top three priorities as 1) students, 2) students, and 3) students, and has become known on campus for her relatable personality. She’s one of few university presidents who is as comfortable in board meetings as she is playing ping pong with undergraduates. Prior to joining the University, Davidson served as the 32nd undersecretary of the United States Navy, where she managed all Department of the Navy affairs including acquisition, finance, personnel, legislative affairs, research and development, and was responsible for the health and well-being of nearly 900,000 sailors, marines, civilians, and their families.
Listen And Learn:
• The unique challenges facing leaders in higher education.
• Her commitment to meeting a market need in higher education.
• How she put in place a student-focused infrastructure.
• Her approach to “inclusive leadership.”
• How leadership at a university is a hybrid between “being a mayor and being a CEO.”
You need to own your customers’ experience. Call LORI JONES and the team at Avocet today 303-678-7102 to learn more.