“Let’s make better mistakes tomorrow.”
Kristin Miller has over 15 years of PR experience, with a passion for technology PR. She currently corporate communications director at Ping Identity, a company that helps prevent security breaches, increase employee and partner productivity, and provide personalized customer experiences for some of the world’s largest organizations. Before joining the Ping team, Kristin was head of Webroot’s global PR team, where she focused on cybersecurity across the US, EMEA, Australia, and Japan. Previously, she was at SSPR, a high tech PR agency working with brands including Groupon, Patagonia, RingCentral, and many others. An unrepentant fan of the oxford comma, she can be found chasing her six-year-old daughter through playgrounds, cheering for her alma matter Purdue University, or taking Buzzfeed quizzes.
Listen And Learn:
- How and when to create crisis messaging and talking points.
- The importance of working out worst case scenarios before a crisis actually hits.
- How to pick your crisis communications team.
- Why it’s important to tell your side of the story.
- The best and most overlooked place to tell your side of the story.
- Why it’s important to build a crisis PR plan that begins with asking the CEO a key question.
Helping you tell your side of the story during a crisis. Call LORI JONES and the team at Avocet to learn more. 303-678-7102.