“You can have the best ideas in the world and sit around a board table with all sorts of hypotheses, but if it’s not interesting or relatable or relevant to your existing and prospective consumers, then it’s nothing, doesn’t mean anything.”
Listen & Learn:
- Importance of guest research to ensure ideas are interesting, relevant, and relatable to consumers.
- The use of guest input to make data-driven decisions that help expand the company.
- How the company has grown from having four Colorado resorts to over 37 around the world.
- A marketing approach that involves disconnecting from technology to be more in touch with customers.
- Creating brand loyalty.
- Creating meaningful brands that connect with the value proposition.
A highly regarded marketer with 20 years of experience in the upscale, outdoor hospitality industry, May Lilley serves as the chief marketing officer for Under Canvas. May oversees all marketing planning and execution, responsible for multi-channel performance, communications and brand partnerships to drive revenue and awareness of Under Canvas and its subsidiary brands. Prior to Under Canvas, May held various leadership positions within the Vail Resorts Corporation for more than a decade, within its destination marketing and international communications teams.
A leader in data-driven, omnichannel performance marketing, integrated branding, and strategic communications, May understands the Under Canvas guest with more than two-thirds of those booking trips with the brand being female. Her expertise in lifestyle brand positioning has thoughtfully elevated Under Canvas to be recognized as the leading glamping company it is today. She attended the University of Melbourne and earned bachelor’s of arts degrees in Psychology and Business Statistics.
Talented teams make for bold marketing strategies. Call LORI JONES today at 303-678-7102 to learn more.