Imagine social media without video. If not for video, how would watch all of those funny pets, learn from those step-by-step recipes, or get hip to the newest technology hack? Why is video so popular? Because it is compelling and appealing to our most primal human instincts.
A remarkable 83% of our experience of the world is perceived with our sense of sight. And, what we see is hardwired into our emotional responses. It just so happens that video – obviously a purely visual medium – conveys emotion better than any other medium.
- YouTube is the number two search engine in the world with more than 1 billion users.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- Facebook now sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users.
- 82% of twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
Even Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat have jumped on the video bandwagon. Diode Digital found that video promotion is 600% more effective than print and direct mail combined. They also found that before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if available.
And it isn’t just on social media. Video drastically improves email marketing.
According to Syndacast.com, using the word “video” in an email subject line:
- boosts open rates by 19%;
- improves click-through rates by 65%; and,
- reduces unsubscribes by 26%
And, take into account these interesting data points: landing pages that contain video:
- lead to 800% more conversion (FunnelScience);
- 88% of visitors stay longer on a site with a prominent video displayed (MistMedia);
- those that stay longer spend an average of 120 seconds more on a retail sites; and are
- 64% more likely to purchase after viewing a single product video (comScore).
This is a viable marketing opportunity for every business, from international corporations to local brick-and-mortar businesses. It is much more than cute kittens and trending hilarity. There is huge opportunity in appealing to a person’s emotions and most primal instincts. Video doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated to incorporate in your marketing plan. Call us, we can help you use this powerful tool to grow your business.