In our 40+ years of helping innovators, disruptors, and visionaries launch their businesses, we have learned something very simple, but very profound. We position our startup clients for share of market, but we BRAND for share of heart.
Many startups fail to position for their share of the market for several reasons:
- They believe positioning doesn’t matter.
- They believe that their intended audience will just “get it” without doing any marketing.
- They make lofty promises and then ultimately their product or service doesn’t deliver.
- They move out of a niche they own into one that they can’t compete in.
Successfully positioning for share of the market – which leads to branding for a share of your customers’ hearts – is grounded in SIX KEY AREAS:
- Competitive alternatives.
- Points of Parity vs Points of Differentiation.
- Your brand’s or product’s unique attributes.
- Your value power (see a recent blog on this subject here).
- Determining who cares about your product.
- Assessing what market you can win in.
To learn more, tune in to Lori Jones’ thought-provoking Q&A session.